It is our vision as a Free School to provide a unique offer for city of Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas – that is an all-through, 4 to 19, co-educational, non-denominational day and boarding school providing outstanding non-selective education for all its pupils within a strong and supportive community.
It is our mission to build on The Royal’s distinctive heritage and record of academic excellence in our pursuit to educate the whole child. We are privileged and honoured to have the full support of our patron, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh.
As a Free School we adopt a holistic approach to education, developing the potential of every child by encouraging leadership, resilience, responsibility and character. We aim to achieve this by living out our five core values of:
Respect | Trust | Community | Initiative | Risk
Our values are underpinned by a shared commitment amongst Governors and staff to:
- Deliver traditional values and behaviour teamed with a forward-looking dynamic and global outlook.
- Achieve excellence in the arts, on the sporting field, in STEM subjects and across the curriculum as a whole.
- Provide an outstanding extended day enrichment programme that not only nurtures and develops young people across a range of talents, but promotes skills for life and enhances academic success.
- Adopt an inclusive approach to building pupil motivation, aspiration and self-esteem through our ‘all age’ structure, vertical house families, and outstanding pastoral and wraparound care.
- Teach personal responsibility and accountability within a vibrant and supportive extended community – be it in our boarding houses, links with The Royal’s existing alumni and active engagement with our neighbourhood community.
- Appreciate our unique situation as a peaceful educational ‘oasis’ within the heart of the city and use this to support our shared belief that learning is the passport to future success.